- Only a fool has no fear, serpent, and I am no fool. But I have many names, serpent, even as you. Vingthor the hurler, Longbeard's son, have I been called. Hrodr's foe-man, too. In Tyr's ancestral home, wisest Hymir knew my name as Veur; unhappy Hrungnir's playmate some have called me. East of Elvigar in Gianthome they whisper Hloriddi's name. My father called me son. My mother called me darling. And beneath the vaults of Heaven, I am Thor Odinson, the Thunderer, Jormungand's fear!
- -- Thor
Appearing in "There Were Giants in Those Days"Edit
Synopsis for "There Were Giants in Those Days"Edit
Loki awakens to discover his castle destroyed. He casts a spell to look into the past and sees Thor saving his life, disgusting him. He then looks to the Giants and sees their plan to raise Jormungand. Loki has another idea of his own, and flies to Earth. Coming upon the site in the Andes where the last Celestial Host landed, he spots his prize, a gleaming pool of solidified metal. In Asgard, Kurse hears the sound of children crying, and goes to investigate. He discovers Kevin and Mick crying over the fallen forms of the Asgardians. He picks them up and carries them off to find Balder. Balder has collapsed as well, but is conscious enough to tell Hugin and Munin to get the Elixir he got from Wyrd, and give it to the boys. On Earth, the Giants have aroused a dragon, Fin Fang Foom. They tell him of Thor and he decides he will see for himself this "hero". He flies to a park in Brooklyn, and finds him there, but doesn't recognize him as Thor. He apologizes for his attack and introduces himself. He says that if Thor does not show, he will have to destroy the city. Thor does not identify himself, but states that he is a hero and will have to stop him. Fin Fang Foom challenges him and says that if the little hero can lift his foot, they will fly away for their battle to a deserted area. He does so and they fly off, followed by news helicopters. The dragon is impressed by the hero's feat, and out of respect, tells the little hero his true name - Jormungand. As the world serpent sheds his disguise, time around the world comes to a stop. The Giants recognize this sign and go to see the battle for themselves. Thor finally introduces himself to his destined foe - Vingthor the Hurler, Longbeard's son, Hrodr's foeman, Feur, Hrungnir's playmate, Hloriddi, Thor Odinson, the Thunderer, Jormungand's fear!
- No special notes.
- A disguised Thor faces off with Fin Fang Foom in Manhattan! But things are not as they seem with either combatant, as Fin Fang Foom reveals himself to be the World Serpent, Jormungand! Too bad for him that the Serpent's deadliest fear just so happens to be--the might God of Thunder himself!
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Thor Vol 1 379 on the forums
- Images from Thor Vol 1 379
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Thor Vol 1 379 on Marvel Unlimited.
- Thor Vol 1 379 on Marvel Digital.
- Thor Vol 1 379 on Comixology.
|Like this? Let us know!|