Appearing in "Forged in Fire"Edit
- Thor (Only in flashback)
- Fire Demons (Only in flashback)
- Skulveig (Only Appearance in Flashback; Death)
- The Flame (First appearance) (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Asgardians (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Light Elves (Only in flashback)
- Sleipnir (Only in flashback)
- Asgard (Appears in flashback and main story)
- City of Asgard (Appears in flashback and main story)
- Muspelheim (Only in flashback)
- Alfheim (Only in flashback)
- Nidavellir (Only in flashback)
- Mjolnir (Only in flashback)
Synopsis for "Forged in Fire"Edit
In an Asgardian tavern, two customers argue over who is the strongest in the land now that Thor is gone. A woman enters and tells of a warrior who once met Thor blow for blow, the Flame. In the tale, Skulveig and his fire demons ravage Alfheim, killing elves and abducting Aeltri. Later Skulveig forces himself on her. She bears a son who disgusts Skulveig, deeming him hideous and condemning him to wear a mask forever. Growing up shunned and angry, Hrinmeer becomes the Flame and slays Skulveig before going on a rampage of destruction and death. Odin sends Thor to stop him. Thor comes upon a ravaged village and rescues the sole surviving child. Thor then finds the Flame and they fight. During the battle, the Flame's helmet comes off and Thor discovers that there is nothing wrong with Flame's face. Disbelieving him, the Flame prepares to deliver a fatal blow. Thor throws Mjolnir, knocking the Flame into a lake of fire, solidifying it with a thunderstorm. When she finishes, the men wonder how she came to know such a sad story. "'Tis a tale that I know. Isn't that enough?" says the woman, Aeltri, the Flame's mother, and departs.
Appearing in "Rekindled"Edit
Synopsis for "Rekindled"Edit
Years later, the Flame bursts out of the solidified fire lake. Loki greets him and asks him to be his pawn, promising to one day give him Thor at his mercy. Hearing that, the Flame swears fealty to Loki.
Appearing in "Stormbreaker"Edit
Synopsis for "Stormbreaker"Edit
Bill travels to Asgard in search of Sif. Instead, he finds a storm giant, taking advantage of Thor's absence to create a killer storm. Bill engages and defeats him. Then, with Stormbreaker, he disperses the storm and restores Asgard's golden glory.
- No special notes.
- Polybagged with an exclusive rookie trading card, Thor Annual introduces a new character, the Flame. When this mysterious individual wreaks havoc in the hills of Asgard, Thor rushes to stop him!
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Thor Annual Vol 1 18 on the forums
- Images from Thor Annual Vol 1 18
Links and ReferencesEdit
- Not on Marvel Unlimited.
- Not on Marvel Digital.
- Not on Comixology.
|Like this? Let us know!|