- I've seen war in the heavens. I've seen gods suffer and bleed. I've seen immortal fathers subject their own sons to torments you could never imagine. I've seen Hel itself. But no... I've never seen anything like the horror in this god's eyes.
- -- Thor
Appearing in "Part One, A World Without Gods"Edit
- Black Beserkers (First appearance)
- Ulfar Son of Orn (First appearance)
- Indigarrians (First appearance)
- Young Girl
- Sky Lords of Indigarr (First appearance)
- Earth-14412 (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Part One, A World Without Gods"Edit
In 893 A.D., off the western coast of Iceland, Thor is visiting with some Northmen after killing a Frost Giant that had been attacking their village. Suddenly, a scream cuts through the night, and rushing out they find a head floating in the water. After gazing into its eyes, Thor can tell that it was the head of a god. Telling one of the children to fetch enough wood for a pyre, Thor tells the others to go back inside.
In the present day, on the planet Indigarr, the Indigarrians pray to Thor to deliver them from their drought, which he gladly does. After bringing the rains, Thor stays to partake of their ale and tell them some stories. After most of them fall asleep, Thor speaks with the Elder who tells him that Indigarr has no gods, and hasn't for quite some time. Flying into the skies, Thor finds the castle in the sky that is home to the Indigarrian gods. Going inside and calling out, Thor finds the entire castle abandoned except for one door with chains. Shattering the chains, Thor goes inside to find the corpses of the Indigarrian gods. Exploring further, Thor finds that they have all been butchered. Realizing that the last time he had seen anything like this was over 1,000 years earlier back on Earth, Thor is then attacked by a shadow creature that is the guard dog of his true foe. Gorr the God Butcher stalks the gods again.
Many millennia in the future, and aged Thor, now king of Asgard sits alone in his shadowed throneroom. In this bleak, far-flung future, Thor is the last Asgardian, all slain by the same shadowy guard dogs of Gorr except for Thor. Strapping on his artificial left arm made from the Destroyer armor and grasping Mjolnir, Thor heads out to either destroy the shadow demons, or die in the attempt.
- No special notes.
- Throughout the ages, the gods of the Marvel Universe have been vanishing, their mortal worshippers left in chaos. NOW! the Mighty Thor follows a trail of blood that threatens to consume his past, present and future selves. The only hope for these ravaged worlds lies with the God of Thunder unraveling the gruesome mystery of the God Butcher!
- No trivia.
Links and ReferencesEdit