- I have run the math of this fifty different ways...it is coming here. The Phoenix Force is headed towards Earth.
- -- Iron Man
Appearing in "Round One"Edit
- The Avengers
- The X-Men
- President of the United States
- Jean Grey (On Screen Only)
- Unnamed alien planet (Destroyed)
Synopsis for "Round One"Edit
On an unnamed alien world, a young child turns to his father, just before the Phoenix Force destroys the entire planet and then continues on its course towards Earth.
In New York, the Avengers are just gathering for a meeting when a ball of fire begins falling from the sky and smashes into a plane just taking off, destroying an entire wing. The fireball crashes through the top of the Empire State Building and knocks the top half off. The Avengers split up to deal with the double dose of debris about to land on the crowd below. Thor goes to deal with the descending plane, Iron Man goes after the wing, while Ms. Marvel goes after the tower. The rest of the Avengers head to the crash site of the fireball and discover a member of the Nova Corps with a warning, "It's coming." before he lapses into a coma.
On Utopia, Cyclops is training with Hope, with the rule that she cannot use her powers, and he continues to beat down on her. He finally pushes her too far, and she lashes out in a massive burst of power - shaped like the Phoenix.
In Washington, D.C., Iron Man and Captain America are giving a presentation to the President and the Joint Chiefs informing them of the events that had transpired. The tell them that they found an energy signature on Nova's uniform that cooresponds to the Phoenix Force and backtracking Nova's arc of travel have determined that the Phoenix Force is headed directly towards Earth.
Back in New York, Captain America is meeting with Wolverine wanting to know what the X-Men, specifically Cyclops, might do, and wants to know if he can count on Wolverine. Later in Utopia, Captain America has arrived and talks to Cyclops, telling him that the Avengers are taking Hope into protective custody. Cyclops tells him that it's a mutant problem and tells Captain America to get the hell of his island. Cyclops blasts Captain America back, which he blocks with his shield. Cap then calls for the other Avengers and the Helicarrier uncloaks with all the Avengers on it, ready for battle.
- No special notes.
- • It’s No Longer Coming—It’s Here!
• Does The Return Of The Phoenix To Earth Signal The Rebirth Of The Mutant Species? That’s What The X-Men Believe! • Unfortunately, The Avengers Are Convinced That Its Coming Will Mean The End Of All Life On Earth! • The Stage Is Set For The Ultimate Marvel Showdown In This Oversized First Issue!
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Avengers vs. X-Men Vol 1 1 on the forums
- Images from Avengers vs. X-Men Vol 1 1
Links and ReferencesEdit